Friday, November 03, 2006

"Simplicity in a Complex World"

"Simplicity in a Complex World"

by Sri Yukteswar

If anyone tries to tell you "I am a teacher. I will lead you because I am so complex. I have so many complex ideas. I am so far more intellectual than you. I have so much complicated things to show you" and you say "You are not my leader because you will lead me into craziness. And what I want to be led into is peace." And many will be fooled because in an age where there is a lot of complicated complex advanced technologies you admire the people that have a lot of knowledge - that can figure things out. You admire the people that seem to have a lot of information and they will easily fool you because they will lead you to the path of craziness. And they will do it because then they can have power. This is not a Master. A Master will never lead you to complexity. A Master will always take you to truth and truth will always be simple. And how will you know if it is simple truth? Simply you are in peace. That is peaceful - simple truth. Sounds maybe like this is very obvious. And you wonder why is he telling us such an obvious thing? Because you don`t realize how easily you are fooled. Even in your own lives. Leading your own selves into craziness.The more I do, the more important I must be. The more I have, the more powerful I will be. Leading your own selves to craziness - away from simplicity. You think this is obvious, but this is the kind of truth lost in an age like this. This is the kind of truth that will get buried. Something so simple, so obvious will be not honored. People will start looking for the person who can speak the most languages - the most computer languages - the most complicated things. Even if they don`t understand what they are saying, they will think "ah, they are important." You will do this in your own lives as well and then one day you will remember, the simple day, the simple conversation where a simple teacher said "Truth set you to peace and not to craziness." Hm! So we are in very complex times. That`s alright. There are billions of people. That`s alright. Where you look will determine whether you have chaos or peace. How you live will determine if you have chaos or peace. That`s all. And you will look for teachers who have something new to say. You will say "I heard this channel lives down the road a piece. Talks about DNA, colors changing forms. Sounds good because it is very complicated. Something I haven`t heard before!" Be careful. Why?

Because if truth is truth it is because it has existed since the beginning of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment